What a great way to start the Holiday Season!
What is #GivingTuesday?
#GivingTuesday was founded in partnership with the United Nations Foundation. The global movement was launched and has engaged over 30,000 organizations worldwide.
Over the last four years, the Proyecto Mariposas has been loved, supported and cared for by the generosity of friends, community, and family. We are so grateful and energized to continue the work with your help. Over the last few years we have been able to:
- Provide school supplies to girls
- Celebrate The Day of the Girl (October)
- Celebrate the families through annual picnic
- Meet on Saturdays to drive our mission of strengthening the relationship of mother – daughter
- Offer a full day Summer Camp
- Provide field trips to corporate, university, and a nature conservatory
- Provide workshops topics to strengthen them in four areas: mental, physical, emotional and spiritual
We want to continue our work and need your help! In 2016, we are planning our extended Summer Camp (5 days). We have a goal of $7,000 for the Summer Camp to ensure the girls have the materials, food, transportation, and above all, the experience of a great camp. We will be hosting approximately 35 girls ages 11- 17 years old.
How can you support our organization?
CyberMonday (via Amazon Smile)
- Visit Amazon Smile
- With any purchase you are already making, Amazon will donate 0.5% to the Proyecto Mariposas.
#GivingTuesday or any time
- You can go to our Donations Page
- Donate via PayPal or sending your donation via mail
We have learned as we watched the girls grow into brave, strong and wonderful young women. We are thankful to have the opportunity of learning and working with amazing girls and women in Ohio. Your support will help us continue developing experiences and expanding our group.
Thank you from all our hearts